Brite People. Brite Solutions.
The Security Operations Manager is responsible for establishing the charter and vision or the Security Operations department. This role is responsible for hiring and retaining a highly technical staff of security professionals with the goal of establishing and meeting well defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) revolving around the efficiency of the Security Operations Center on a 24x7x365 basis. This position is required to effectively communicate with business executives, customers, and 3rd party vendors.
- Develops, thoroughly understands, and makes all decisions that align with the charter and vision established for the Security Operations Department.
- Oversees the customer engagement, ensuring the highest level of satisfaction is being met.
- Ensures the performance of key security measures to demonstrate the continual strengthening of each customer’s security posture.
- Ensures the implementation and monitoring of security and availability controls continue to meet compliance requirements.
- Evaluates, hires, and retains highly technical security professionals to continually meet and exceed the expectations set forth in each of the roles defined within the Security Operations department.
- Designs, develops and implements processes, systems and technology to support and enhance the operations of the team.
- Continually identifies and provides training opportunities for the Security Operations department.
- Exceeds team metrics goals by guiding, mentoring, and coaching team members.
- Establishes positive team relations through effective communication and ongoing support, including performance reviews, career development and training.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet customer needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or related field and a minimum of seven years networking and security analyst experience or an equivalent combination of related work experience, training and/or education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- A minimum of four years of management experience.
- CISSP, OSCP, GMON and CEH certifications.
- GCDA, GCIH, GSNA, or GSTRT certifications preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven technical expertise across a wide variety of security centric toolsets (anti-virus applications, content filtering, NGFWs, authentication systems, IDS/IPS and endpoint detection applications).
- In depth knowledge of common security frameworks (NIST, CIS 20 CSC, ISO 27000).
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Effective project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to travel locally.
Brite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For those interested please email your resume to Delaney Berardi – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit brite.com.